Friday, January 18, 2008

No-Name Socks

OK, folks, this one is for all of you who may need a little pick-me-up--as far as sock-knitting is concerned at  least. My first pair of the year is officially finished: simple, uninteresting, not singularly attractive, absolutely sans pattern except for a few increases to shape the legs... AND STILL I HAD TO FROG AT LEAST TWICE! So, if you think of yourself as slow, inexperienced, timid, behind, less-than, this is an official reason for you to drop that thinking and appreciate your talent and accomplishments. I will even include a picture to convince you:

Specs: Red Heart, 4-ply; Takumi Bamboo DPN #4 and 2; toe-up using magic CO from Knitty; reinforced heel flap. Leftover yarn: 6.5 inches.

3 comments:

razorknitgirl said...

I love that there was only a tiny bit of yarn left, that is the joy of toe up socks.

Uneeknitter said...

Great fun socks. I can't wait to do my first set of knee highs!!

Minerva said...

My first pair were a basic pattern too. These are nice. I like the pumpkin color.