Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Intro...

Hi, I'm Kara and I have a sock yarn habit. At the start of the year I went through my sock yarn stash in the living room. This would be the recently purchased yarn that hasn't made it to the stash yet. There is enough yarn in there for 24 pairs of socks and I still haven't reached the bottom of the pile yet. Last year when I organized the "full stash" I had enough yarn to knit over 60 pairs of socks. My goal is to knit two pairs of adult socks a month this year. I have finished three pair this month, many were started before the new year began. I'm going to try and squeeze in two more pair. We'll see if I make it. I'm currently working on the Dublin Bay Socks from Mossy Cottage and a pair of Noro socks that are just knit to fit. If I knit 2 pairs of socks from the stash a month it will take me about 3.5 years to eliminate the stash. You know that you have an illness when this sounds like a reasonable plan.
Kara

3 comments:

kemtee said...

Not "eliminate." Think "savor." "Enjoy." :-)

Uneeknitter said...

your plan does sounds reasonable....with one exception...you didn't leave yourself an out to buy any more yarn for 3 years. Do you know how hard that is?

Cinnamonamon said...

And don't forget about knitting other stuff! ;)