Wednesday, January 9, 2008

finished January socks!

Finished up my january socks tonight. They are very basic socks. I had to frog the previous shared picture to cast on fewer stitches. They are now worked over 68 stitches. Did a k1p1 rib for 5 rows then switched to k3p1 until it measured 7.5". Did a standard slip stitch heel flap with gusset (picking up 22 gusset stitches). continued down the foot in the k3p1 pattern until it was almost long enough then did a round toe. Was my first time doing the round toe. I started with a short row toe and wasn't happy, then did a traditional toe and hubby wasn't happy. So I tried a round toe and he is sold. Told me all his toes from now on should be the round toe.
This is the best pic I have for now. Will take a better one tomorrow when hubby gets home from work.



Yarn:Koigu (a little over 2 balls)
needles:crystal palace 2.0mm
size:to fit mans us size 13

1 comment:

Uneeknitter said...

My DH was just happy I FINISHED a pair of socks for him. LOL But your socks look great! I like to use the K3P1 for most of my socks...nothing fancy and they always fit great!