Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My pick for February


I know I'm a little bit early, but I have some new yarns going on the needles and I wanted to pick my stash sock yarn for February so I wouldn't forget it.

This is Piece of Beauty merino sock yarn (discontinued), color Glacier Melt. I have two 50g skeins but only one is in the picture, because a year ago I tried to make Child's sock in Miranda Pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage socks. It didn't work out at all. The Miranda pattern has odd leg shaping and when I tried the first sock on, it wasn't "shapely fit" at all, but looked like a pouch clinging from my leg. So I frogged the whole thing.

I think I'll make something lacy.

2 comments:

Cinnamonamon said...

Pretty yarn!! :) Try the fancy silk sock from the vintage socks by nancy bush book. I just finished it & love it!

Uneeknitter said...

Nice yarn. It will make a great February sock! I haven't chosen my feb sock yarn yet....perhaps I will do something random....