Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First FO of 2008

I finished the Esther socks for my daughter's late Christmas present. And she loves them - phew!

Would I make them again? A resounding YES for the way they look.... but next time I would use sharper needles. This is a bad project for splitty wooden needles because there is lots of "through the back loop" work. I would also use a "rounder" smoother yarn - something like Jitterbug - to bring out the stitch pattern more. The slightly variegated colour isn't a problem, but solid would be lovely.

Stats: Fyberspates sock yarn in "Seascape" (discontinued, but I see Get Knitted has a similar colour called "Ocean") on 2.5mm needles. The Esther pattern from this sock group (available in English).

First stash-buster completed!

1 comment:

Uneeknitter said...

mmm...fuzzy warm socks. Your daughter is lucky. They look fabuous!!