Saturday, January 12, 2008

Firestarter progress

I made fast progress on the first sock, despite discovering a scratch on the tip of one of my addi circulars. It kept snagging the yarn and I had to finish off with dpns. As most of the action on these socks occurs just where you would nornally have the division between dpns, I think circulars are a bit easier to manage. I can't get Addis in NZ, (bought my last pair on holiday in Hawaii), so I ordered Knitpicks from Wellington and decided to delay starting the next sock until they arrived. They didn't arrive! I started the next sock on dpns, gave it a few more days, and finally emailed the shop - turned out the owner had been ill, apparently they are now on the way. Second sock is now half done - here's a progress shot:

Yes - one of the cables is crossed the wrong way! I'm not going back to change it either. It's been a long week - waiting to hear whether my husband needs heart surgery - so I'm not surprised I got something backwards!

4 comments:

Uneeknitter said...

Your socks are beautiful and the mistake makes them more of your own. Love the yarn!!

razorknitgirl said...

those socks are great. I love the neon-ness of the yarn. GL with your hubby and heart surgery. My dad just had bypass and I was terrified. Everything went great and now I am much relieved.

Courtney said...

I LOVE THIS YARN, VERY PRETTY!!

Patricia said...

Gorgeous yarn. I have not seen theat color combo before.