Saturday, January 26, 2008

Broad Spiral Ribbing Socks

The Owl socks for my MIL's 60th birthday are finished:

Broad Spiral Ribbing socks
Broad Spiral Ribbing socks


Pattern: Broad Spiral Ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Opal Rainforest 6 ply in Owl.
Needles: 2 x 2.75mm 60 cm circulars.
Method: Knitted cuff down two at a time.
Details: 8 stitches per inch for a 9" wide foot so I cast on 72 stitches. An 'Eye of Partridge Heel' for a very durable heel as they were a present for my MIL who is a keen walker.

More photos on my blog.

3 comments:

Uneeknitter said...

I just love the colorway. I will have to look into getting a skein later in the year.

blueadt said...

I'd get it now if I were you as I think it's being discontinued :(

razorknitgirl said...

very pretty. I love that pattern. I think I may add that to my 'to do list'