Monday, January 7, 2008

Progressing slowly

Here it is, my first Firestarter. I frogged it yesterday and started again. My gauge is different than in pattern so I'm doing some extra pattern repeats before gussets. Yarn is beautiful and I like to knit it. I hope to reach gussets tomorrow, if I don't need to frog again.

My skeins are from different dye lots so I'm knitting sock from both of them changing yarn after every row. It makes knitting slower but I there is still enough time to knit these socks in January.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

razorknitgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
razorknitgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
razorknitgirl said...

those are pretty. I clicked to see the bigger version and was like "whoa niceeee" I think I drooled a little :)

Froggy said...

I admire your patience in alternating skeins every other row!

Uneeknitter said...

Great socks. This pattern is something I want to try sometime this year. Although, the gusset is something I am not thrilled with. So maybe by the time I get to them I will modify or have changed my feelings about them.

JessicaRose said...

This pattern is on my to knit list too. But I can't decide on yarn. What yarn are you using again?

Hanna said...

I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Baltic Sea colourway.

JessicaRose said...

its very pretty.

Minerva said...

I just went to Simply Socks Yarn Co and bought this yarn, simply because your photo is so beautiful. You should work for Lorna's laces! And, your sock is very pretty.