Friday, January 4, 2008

My inadequate stash

Hi
After seeing all the sock stashes, I am feeling a little envious, my sock stash only consists of 4 balls. On the upside I get to go shopping for sock yarn in 4 months and build up my stash. I finished my first pair of socks last spring and am completely addicted( a little surprised at how addicting they are). I have made 3 pairs (all for myself) and have cast on my 4th today. It is the red ball and I am making the Tidal Wave Sock by Deby Lake. Did the pattern one set and then dropped a stitch, ripped it back and now starting again. Practice makes perfect.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It's a small stash, but it's pretty.

kemtee said...

Quality, not quantity. What you have is lovely.

SockLady said...

I think your stash is great. I'm sure when you go buy more in the Spring that your friend will pick you some lovely wool

Uneeknitter said...

My stash is fairly small too. I only have like 6 balls of yarn in it. The great thing is that you can make socks from almost any yarn, so I could pull stuff from my regular stash that is not designated as sock yarn. And you never know when you could get a gift or someone just gives it to you because they don't want it any more. :)