Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No-Name Sock

My son's innocent hand drew... drumroll... the most ridiculous skein in my sock yarn stash: a ball of orange 4-ply Red-Heart, 100% acrylic. What a let down, especially knowing what else is waiting there... I am almost blushing with embarrassment to be posting next to your glorious fibers and projects. 
Now what, you may ask, was this thing doing there? Well, I realized last year that snowshoeing was doing a number on my socks and that I needed something sturdy and cheap to keep my tootsies warm.  So, boot socks they will be, of the simplest kind, toe up, basic ribbing pattern, improvised calf shape. Sigh... At least they'll go up fast and I may even be able to try them before classes start again in a couple of weeks.

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Uneeknitter said...

Well at least you know you are making socks that you will wear! And nothing says you can't start a second pair in the month of January....