Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New member!

I just joined today, and am excited to be here, as my sock stash is also bigger than it needs to be! :-)

Before I found out about this group, I had already cast on for 2 pairs of socks with yarn received for Christmas. The second one was a pretty random choice, so I'm going to count that as my January stash dive, if no one objects.! Next month I'll really reach in and grab at random from the whole sock stash!

The yarn I'm using is Trekking Pro Natura, colour 1607 (blues and purples!). The pattern is from the Sockamania blog, the January pattern "New Year Socks". However, I have modified the pattern using the Riverbed architecture from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters (also a Christmas present). I am loving this book, and am especially excited about it for this yarn, because I get a pretty tight gauge with this yarn, and loved using the "master numbers" from the book to adjust so the sock will--hopefully--fit!

I'm just past the toe, and I don't have a picture yet...but I wanted to introduce myself and my January project.

1 comment:

JessicaRose said...

welcome to our "club".

I have that book on order and hope to get it any day now. I can't wait!