Thursday, December 27, 2007

Time to knit not buy :)

Like many others, after putting my stash up on Ravelry I realised how much sock yarn I actually do have. 84 skeins to be precise (plus a £50 gift voucher from Wollmeise which will no doubt go on sock yarn ). I'm a really slow knitter, so this is probably enough sock yarn to last the rest of my lifetime. So, I've decided not to buy any more sock yarn in 2008! The idea took a bit of getting used to, but I want to knit up some of the gorgeous yarns I have in my stash and I need to save for driving lessons :)

I've decided that I want to try out the different sock yarns I have so I'm going to randomly choose a brand but then I can choose which actual colour I want to use (if I have more than one colour of that particular brand). This will suit me better because my colour mood changes dependent on the time of year. I'm rushing to finish a pair of socks I've had on the pins for ages, before the end of the month, and then I'm going to start knitting Socks from Stash. Although I've decided in January, as its my birthday month, that I can choose what yarn I want so I'm going to see if this lovely yarn which was gifted by a friend will work as a pair of Monkeys.

Sunnyside Ellen's Pigs in Mud Sock Yarn
Sunnyside Ellen's Pigs in Mud Sock Yarn

3 comments:

Hanne-Maria Leppäranta said...

I think I'm going to use same method. I know I won't knit the socks if the yarn choice is too random (sport, when I want fingering..) so I need to limit it a bit.

Uneeknitter said...

oooooo...I love pink and brown together. Can't wait to see these socks!

Delusional Knitter said...

Good for you! I have over 25 skeins of sock yarn (I know there's 1 or 2 I forgot to add to my list the other day) and I think I seriously need to stop buying more until a make a HUGE dent in the stash.

Happy Knitting to you!
Angela