Wednesday, December 26, 2007

OK, that was exciting!

I knew I had a lot of sock yarn (and more on the way from various sources) but today I actually counted to see what I have. There's enough lovely yarn at my place to make a minimum of twenty-eight pairs of hand knit socks - and one suffering from SSS. This group is going to be a good thing for me, I think.

So, just to introduce myself - I'm Kay, known as kayteau over most of the 'net. I've been knitting seriously for about 1 and 1/2 years now and socks are by far my most favorite thing to knit because they're easily portable and I'm a mass transit kind of gal. Living in the DC area, I get to spend a lot of time on buses and trains.

I haven't decided what my first pair will be although I have a couple of ideas. I have specific patterns in mind for a couple of pairs of socks, both of which would be new challenges for me and I just got some Socks That Rock in one of the Raven's Clan colourways that I really want to make into a lacey pair of socks... January 2 will hopefully see one of these three pair cast on!

-kayteau

1 comment:

Uneeknitter said...

I am excited to see your cast on the 2nd as well. I just know everyone is going to make fabulous socks. I just can't wait until next week!!