Saturday, December 22, 2007

Introduction

Hello, and thank you for allowing me to join this select group!

My name is Helene and I live in Central New York, USA, which I have come to appreciate as a knitter's heaven: the winters are long, cold, and snowy, ideal for cozy knitting sessions and the prefect justification for producing many knitted objects, especially socks.

For Christmas this year all I asked for was sock yarn, and my DMIL, bless her tender heart, heard me. A box arrived a few days ago and has been sitting under the tree, taunting me, making me fantasize, visiting my dreams, tempting me into behaving badly and scratching just a little corner to take a peek. So far, I have managed to remain stronger than the temptation, but will I last another three whole days? be still, my heart...

From the size of it I would guess there are at least six skeins in the box, maybe more. And it comes from the Yarn BArn in Lawrence, KS. Oh, the possibilities! Will it be colorways that surprise me with every row? Or soft solids that lend themselves to lacey ventures or cable entrelacs? Thee more days...

On January 1st, 2006, I made the resolution that this would be the year that I would learn how to knit a sock. It took a few attempts, but I am now a die-hard toe-upper and I swear by tabi socks--a.k.a. my cloven socks.

2008 is going to be so much fun! I can tell already...

4 comments:

Uneeknitter said...

I am excited about your present as well. Very cool. I can't wait for you to share it with us. And all the exciting socks you will make this year.

Rhonda said...

What does DMIL stand for?

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Froggy said...

Dear Mother In Law :)