Monday, December 17, 2007

Greetings from the Sunshine State

Hi,
I'm Patricia, currently living in central Florida. Socks are what I knit mostly due to warm climate conditions and their portability. My stash defies all reason and I am jumping at the opportunity to knit some of it up.
I have belonged to two sock clubs and have my regrets not renewing. I can no longer justify the yarn coming in the house faster than I can knit it. Someone on Ravelry suggested making ones own sock of the month club, placing individual skeins into bags, along with the suitable pattern and blindly grabbing one to knit every month. Great idea!
I hope to remain on the wagon until October, in time for the local fiber festival in North Carolina.
Good luck to all!

3 comments:

Uneeknitter said...

I really like that idea of putting them in bags with patterns. Welcome to the group. Can't wait to see some of your creations.

kemtee said...

Patricia -- if you're talking about SAFF, I'll see you there!

Lynn said...

Hey another Central Florida knitter!! I kwym abt socks being perfect for our temps. Bulky sweaters just dont get used enough, plus socks are SO much quicker!