Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Suspense Is Over!

Hello All!

So Christmas came and I finally got to open my box. I had been good, mind you: not a scratch, not a squeeze, not a shake, just endless contemplation. As predicted, there were 6 skeins. I won't lie, the first sight was a bit of a disappointment--but what could measure up to days of letting my imagination go wild? The darkish earth-tones appeared tame. But then, ummmmmmm, I put my hands to the yarn... What unexpected softness, almost creamy to the touch, sublimely warm... So, I have been petting and cuddling 2 balls of Trekking Pro Natura (brownish); 2 balls of Step with aloe vera and jojoba oil (did I die and go to heaven?) in blueish grey; 2 balls of Sockotta  in browns and greys. AND they are 110g/420m skeins, which means 6 whole pairs of socks, or even 9 if I knit strictly for myself (size 41/2-5 feet).

The rest of my stash? In truth, I am not quite sure any more, but I decided not to look and just draw at random each month or so. I will save for last The Crazy Ball: a ball made up of all the sock yarn leftovers in lengths of about 3-4 yds. The result should be absolutely funky.

Helene

2 comments:

Uneeknitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uneeknitter said...

Oppss...was trying to edit my comment. Anyway, all that yarn sounds dreamy. It is cool that you have ppl that buy yarn for you. I can't wait to see some of it knitted up. As for the crazy ball...wow...I was just wondering today what I was going to do with all my leftover yarn. I have such a hard time tossing it...what a cool idea.