Monday, December 10, 2007

Joining Up

Hello. My name is Michelle and I am glad to join this group. I have a huge stash of yarn and am part of the Stash Along. But I decided that since I had yarn that was specifically bought for socks (and never used) that I would join this group. I haven't made socks lately, although I just finished off a pair I started for DH over 2 years ago. He is going to be excited to get them tomorrow on our first day of 12 days counting down to Yule. But I do like making socks and am glad to commit to making 1 pair per month for this group.

I have included a sock stash picture as well as details about my stash. I normally will do toe up socks, so am not concerned about the amount of unknown yardage in my stash. In fact, I think it is harder to use things like the trekking and sockotta because I only have 1 skein of each.

This is my sock yarn stash. 2 skeins of Wool in the Woods in purples, blues and black (200 yards each), 2 skeins of undyed Alpaca from NY (yardage unknown), 2 skeins of Cacade Pearls in green (120 yards each), 2 skeins of a an angora mix in purples and blues (yardage unknown), 1 skein of trekking XXL in purples and blues (459 yards), 1 skein of sockotta in greens and blues (414 yards) and 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in fun bright colors (214 yards each). This is enough to make 7 pairs of socks, so I am good until July. But of course I will buy more sock yarn and have other yarn in my stash that can be used for socks, although it is not specifically sock yarn.

Well, here is to happy socks. Since we are supposed to pick randomly from our stash, I thought I would take your feedback on what you think I should use first from my stash. Thanks for the input. I am excited to get started!!

No comments: