Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How are you choosing your first Stash Sock?

I am curious to how ppl are choosing the first stash yarn and pattern they are going to use. So tell me, how are you choosing?

As for me, I was hoping to get feedback from others on which to use first. I don't have a huge pile to choose from so I think that makes it harder for me. I can't randomly reach in because I know my yarns intimately and feel like I would roam with my hands until I choose the one I wanted. Kinda defeats the purpose eh? So which of my yarns do you think I should use....trekking, alpaca, lorna's, sokotta, angora, wool in the woods, or the other one.

7 comments:

Tuulia said...

I decided that I will begin with a treat for myself. I spend holidays cooking and baking and cleaning and making sure others enjoy the season with me, but after it's all over, I want to treat myself with something that is special and beautiful - my gift to me, then. That's why I am knitting Jitterbug, since to me, it feels very special (I have a skein of Jay which my friend sent to me), and I love how it feels. I've never knitted it so this'll be the perfect time to give it a try. I haven't decided the pattern yet, I might end up designing my socks myself.

murk81 said...

Maybe you put all of your sock yarn together and have a friend pick for you? That way you can't figure out which yarn you are going to knit?

Hanna said...

I has been quite difficult to choose yarn and pattern for January. I'm already knitting socks for myself but another pair won't do any harm. I'm starting with Lorna's Laces sock yarn but you have to wait for details.

Jitterbug is nice to knit, unfortunately I haven't stashed it.

melaniem68 said...

Could you, maybe, put on gloves or mittens before choosing?

Patricia said...

I have a queue in Ravelry. The first sock in line is The Solstice Slip, a Rockin' Sock Club shipment from the beginning of 2007. I also have a few Petals Sock Club kits to knit as well.

Uneeknitter said...

I decided to let a friend choose the first one....but I can't tell you until I cast it on, come the 2nd. :D

Elysbeth said...

Mail me your stash and I'll pick for you. : ) Wait, then I have to give it back, okay never mind.