Sunday, February 10, 2008

February socks revisted

My sock knitting has taken a change of direction recently. Remember my recent announcement regarding my February socks? I adore the yarn, achieved 8 spi with it on 2.25mm needles & am VERY happy with the fabric but unfortunately am not all happy with the pattern I chose. Can anybody see why?

Laburnum sock
Laburnum sock in Purple Koigu KPM


Here's a closer view:

Laburnum sock pattern
Close up of Laburnum sock pattern biasing


Could you put up with that biasing on the leg & foot? I decided that it would bug me forever so now that pics have been taken am going to insert a life line just above the toe increases & rip it back before experimenting with a new pattern.

However DH wasn't available to take photos before I ripped them out so I dug out the Opal Rainforest 6 ply that DH gave me for Christmas & commenced the massive wind off of yarn to achieve the necessaries for my two at once socks. This time I'm going Cuff Down as I'm loosely teaching The Yarn Yard & others to knit socks two at a time on the Crafty Threads 'n' Yarns Forum but next it'll be toe up!

Waterfall Ribs
K1tbl, P1 rib


After reading a thread of Ravelry I tinked back the 5 rounds of K1, P1 rib I'd done & did it again using 'K1tbl, P1' rib which I much prefer. I think it makes the rib 'pop out'.

For this pair I'm using Waterfall Rib also from Sensational Knitted Socks & here they after one repeat of the pattern:

Waterfall Ribs
Waterfall Ribs in Opal Rainforest Flamingo 6 ply


This pair will be my almost constant companion next week as I'm off work! DD is away on a skiing trip with school & DH & I are making the most of it & having a short holiday.

No comments: