Monday, February 25, 2008

Evening Stockings completed in February

Hi Everyone!

My February socks are finished!!! I knit a modified version of the Evening Stockings for a Young Lady from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I modified the pattern to knit regular socks by casting on 60 stitches, shortening the ribbing on top and knitting 9 lace pattern repeats before doing the heel flaps. I switched the heel flap to a slipped stitch flap to strengthen it a bit from the ribbed heel flap called for in the pattern. These socks were knit with Kraemer Sterling from my stash.

I stuck my hand into my sock yarn bin and pulled out Miss Babs Superwash Sock in the Grasshopper colorway, which I purchased quite a while ago from Woolgirl.com. I've decided to use this yarn to knit the Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave Knits.

I'm still holding strong and have not bought any new sock yarns this year! I know that we are only in the second month of the year but it feels like forever since I bought any new yarns.

Happy Knitting!

jsins

No comments: