Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tidal Wave!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and fair new to socks. I've been knitting for a little over two and a half years. I have one sock done in a Tofutsie and started the second, but the Christmas gift making got in the way and I can't seem to find it right now. I know it's somewhere in the house. I have been stashing sock yarn and sock patterns for almost a year now and I want to start using some of it! So I thought this group might help keep me moving along in my sock adventures.

Anyhoo, I went to a Sock Yarn party over the weekend. A woman in our knitting group has been dying yarn for around 20 or so years and now she's starting her own business so the group threw her a party to get her started. She had some gorgeous colors! Not like I really needed more sock yarn, but the colors were so gorgeous I just couldn't resist! (I bought 6 skeins, but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone) While at the party I cast one for a sock! Here's the Tidal Wave in this gorgeous Teal she had!

Tidal Waves Sock

Oh, the yarn is from Sheila Rovelstad Designs. It's a Ravelry link.

5 comments:

Beadknitter said...

That color is wonderful. I want!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous color!

Northern Toes said...

That is a beautiful yarn

twiceknit said...

greetings from a fellow sip 'n knitter. Beautiful yarn, and it looks great in that pattern. So sad I had was out of town for the yarn party. I have to get myself some of her yarn!

razorknitgirl said...

Those colors are great and excellent progress so far. Sock knitting is soo addictive so those six skeins you just bought will be six new pair in no time :)