Monday, March 31, 2008

March Socks in the Nick of Time

My March socks are done and it's officially still March, so I'm feeling quite good about this. They were for a sock swap pal and the colors are for the Hufflepuff house in the Harry Potter books.

The yarn is Faery Fibers superwash merino in a colorway called "Cedric." The pattern is just a basic top-down ribbed sock. I continued the ribbing down the heel instead of doing a standard heel flap.

I had enough left over from these large women's socks that I also made some toddler socks for a friend. These are just basic top-down ribbed socks with a short-row heel.

I think I like the color repeats (variegated, rather than striping) better in the smaller socks than the bigger ones.

The skein was so generously sized that I was also able to make two mini socks!

I think I'm switching to solid yarn next month.

4 comments:

Pheelya said...

How cute! I was debating that colorway because I just couldn't envision what it would look like knit up! And those little socks are adorable!! I now have ideas of what to do with my leftover sock yarns!! How many did you cast on (or cast off it you did toe-up for those baby socks??)

twiceknit said...

I cast on 64 for the baby socks. I think that would be huge if it was done in stockinette, but it worked in the ribbing. For the tiny ones, the larger one is 24 sts and the smaller is 20.

Barb said...

LOVE that colorway, I may have to order it :) Faery Fiber is one of my favorite Etsy sellers :)

razorknitgirl said...

cute idea to make matching little sockies to match!