Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas socks

I bet you thought I had given up on socks - it's been so long since I posted here!

The truth is I fell off the no-yarn-buying wagon and joined the Fyberspates self-striping sock club, and didn't dare pretend the new socks were "from stash"!



Since then I have been better-behaved, honest!


These are the Undulating Rib pattern from "Favorite Socks", in OnLine Supersocke Sport colour. Very stretchy, for my son's wide feet.





And these are for my daughter.


Colinette Jitterbug, in the new pattern Aethenoth - these are the first pair after the designer's own on Ravelry - woo hoo! As you can see, I had a nasty case of pooling on this one after a knot in the yarn turned out to be a join between two different dye-lots. Grrr.







Both of these are Christmas presents.


A third pair, for my husband, are halfway done. They are from stash yarn too, Austermann Step. He prefers long socks, so I had to buy two balls, but they are from different dye-lots so I have no right to expect an exact match. It's a Nancy Bush pattern, Highland Schottische, from Knitting Vintage Socks.

After the Jitterbug experience, I am quite scared of how differnt the second sock might look!

That's why I am knitting mittens at the moment! At least they are out of stash too....

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love the colours of these socks!