Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deep Forest

In my last post I mentioned I'd had surgery, complications developed afterwards, and I was in bed recovering. I also said I was taking a break from knitting socks. Well, I am doing much better now, though the recovery has been a hard battle for me. I can walk again. That is the important thing. But I sure have developed a lot of empathy for folks who live in a wheelchair.

Because I'm feeling much better, my desire to knit has returned. And what will I knit? Socks of course! I decided to make a pair of socks for my daughters fiance, Frank (who I adore!), for Christmas. Over the past year I've knit him 2 pair of socks and my daughter says he wears them more than any of his other socks. He loves them. What's not to adore about a guy like that? (Besides, he treats my daughter like a queen!)

I've had this lovely skein of Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the colorway called Deep Forest languishing in the stash waiting for the perfect idea. Socks for Frank fill the bill.

It feels good to be knitting socks again.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Froggy said...

What beautiful color! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and enjoying knitting again.

Roobeedoo said...

Gorgeous colour - and it goes well with that patten too. Glad to hear you have taken up the needles again - be well!

Lynda said...

Glad you're better ;0)