Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Somthing from the Stash for September

At the beginning of the month I had decided to knit a pair of complicated cabled socks with a gorgeous semi solid yellow yarn. However, I had to change my plans and do something much easier, because I was going in for surgery to repair a hernia. The surgery went fine, but a couple days later I developed extremely painful complications. I've been flat on my back, in bed, on some heavy duty medications ever since. My brain feels like it's coated in a purple haze. Somehow, though, I have managed to finish the socks. That is something.



Opal Petticoat 1296 Socks

Pattern: I winged it. Basically my standard top-down 2-circular needle sock pattern with the following stitch pattern for the leg:

Rnd 1: K3, slip 1
Rnd 2: Knit.

Yarn: Opal Petticoat in color #1296

Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo Lace Circular.

Cast On: September 6, 2008
Completed: September 28, 2008


I don't know what I'm going to knit from the stash next. I am seriously thinking I might just take a break from knitting socks until the meds are out of the system and I'm thinking clearly again.


Have a great day.

Linda Jo

Beadknitter Gallery

2 comments:

Froggy said...

These are very pretty! I wish you a prompt recovery and much happy knitting.
Froggy

Patricia said...

One would never know that your brain is foggy. The socks look great. Best to you!