Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It was a Purple Summer

I made two pairs of socks during the summer, both of which I made for my friend Judy in return for her bead stash (I'm also obsessed with bead weaving with a needle). I entered them both in the North Idaho Fair and won blue ribbons.

She picked purple yarn for this pair.



Herringbone Rib for Judy

Knitting Socks With Handpainted YarnPattern: Herringbone Rib by Kristi Schueler from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn
Yarn: Berroco Sox
Color: 1452 Bonham
Content: 75% Wool/25% Nylon
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2.
Size: for Womans Size 9 shoe 
Cast on: July 6, 2010
Bound off: July 24, 2010 (in Indiana)

Comments: I love the stitch pattern in these socks. It is fun to knit. Be advised, though, that it is a yarn hogging stitch pattern. Make sure you have extra yarn, or don't knit the stitch pattern in the foot. In fact, even if you don't carry the stitch pattern into the foot, have extra yarn. The Berroco Sox is nice to knit with. There are more pics and details on my blog here: Judy's Herringbone Rib Socks

The second pair of socks for Judy are also purple. It's her favorite color.



Monkey Socks for Judy

Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A.
Yarn: Fibranatura Yummy
Color: 41361 Purples
Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2.
Size: for Womans Size 9 shoe 
Cast on: May 23, 2010
Bound off: July 5, 2010 (in Indiana)

Comments: I love this pattern, I love the yarn. Judy loves the socks. Can't be better than that. I finished these socks while driving through Indiana on our vacation.

Have a nice evening.\\//

Linda Jo
Beadknitter Gallery

1 comment:

J said...

Found your blog by accident. Great blog. Our blog
youthfulagain.blogspot.com