Thursday, May 15, 2008

April Embossed Leaves

These are my late April socks from stash. They were begun on holiday and then abandoned in favour of other projects and the spring garden - tsk!

Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt from "Favorite Socks", these are knitted using Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino which came to me "ready-wound" in a swap package, so I had no idea how it would knit up.

The stitch pattern is drowned by the spiralling stripes of purple / sapphire and turquoise / green, but my daughter chose the match and she likes them, so that's what matters - a satisfied customer!

Moving on to May socks now - thinking of trying toe-ups for the first time - gulp!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Love the colour ;0)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! Reminds me a the pictures of earth from space.

I want to try toe-ups too. It's a little scary to me.